Wednesday 20 February 2013

Be Prepared!

It's thirty nine days, to Easter as I type.
Not long at all.

The mice have been chattering at me!

They want to do an egg hunt. So all over the garden I shall have to hide pretty Easter eggs ( not chocolate ones ) for them to find and collect. They like to collect Medlars and Hazlenuts from the two trees, so I should think they're pretty good at finding things like miniature eggs.


Peacock and Papillon have been busy today making and painting eggs for the hunt. They were both Girl Guides so their motto is " Be Prepared".
I thought that I'd like to have a go at something myself. Eggs didn't do the trick for me, so I made a large toadstool instead, in felt.
The mice were very happy....somewhere for them to shelter when it rains!

The toadstool is decorated with Edwardian lace and dozens of tiny beads and sequins..oh and a caterpillar has taken up residence too!
Meet Maggot...
You have to be prepared for anything in the Medlar House Garden. She doesn't eat fungus....but she might be quite fond of Medlars or Hazelnuts. The mice had better watch out!





No comments:

Post a Comment