Saturday 16 March 2013

All For One and One For All!

You know, because I've told you ;) that I love the 17th century. A few weeks back I made a little mouse for myself and dressed her as Colombina from the Italian/French Theatre tradition which eventually emerged as pantomime later on on history.
Here is another little mouse from that time.

Meet Mocha the Mouseketeer.
He just had to be didn't he?


He was great fun to do and frankly, if he isn't a saleable mouse then I'm not worried. I'll keep him and he can be a friend for Colombina.

Mocha wears a doublet in rose pink which is decorated with little silk bows - as they were in about 1640. He has sleeves which are pearl sewn - the tiniest pearls you have ever seen I'm sure and his falling band, which is what his ruff is called, started life as a cotton hanky edging. It had seen better days but the lace was still good. I've added a bit of white gimp to the edge to give a bit of definition. His sash and sword band are pure silk ribbon as are the little florets on his shoes ( yes Mocha has shoes for a change ). He wears a huge Cavalier hat and one little ear is poking out cheekily!
This hat is decorated with Guinea Fowl feathers which are so pretty and  - don't you know - the only bird to have spotted AND striped feathers.

Mocha, like all good Cavaliers carries his trusty sword in a green scabbard, ready to do business in the name of the King.

He's such a handsome mouseketeer, I'm sure all the Medlar House Mice girls are going to fall for him!

I have.





No comments:

Post a Comment