Saturday 2 March 2013

Love is in the Air

I am not only fond of the seventeenth century but also the latter part of the 18th and early 19th too. After about 1820 my interest wanes.
SO, when dear Persuasion, named for my favourite Jane Austen novel, went to her Forever Home, last week, I thought it would be nice to replace her with another Jane Austen mouse.

Persuasion in pink and yellow.
So here is Miss Bennetmouse.
Miss Bennetmouse in pink and blue

Now, you see what I mean when I say that I will never make two the same. Yes, Miss Bennetmouse is similar to Persuasion.....how could she not be? She is however, different. One of a kind. OOAK.

This set me thinking.

What is Miss Bennetmouse without Mr Darcymouse?
           
    Mr Fitzwilliam Darcymouse in his cutaway green Riding coat.



Love is in the air I think? Well, it IS nearly Spring.

All the male mice under the Medlar tree are a nice honey brown. This doesn't mean they are dull though. Mr Darcy is smart in a pale green waistcoat and a darker green riding coat. The ladies are all shades of pastel colours and some slightly stronger colours like a nice purple or a soft rose pink. Just like Vanity.... below in her new poke bonnet. She is named for another novel...Vanity Fair by Thackeray.




You can see an illustration of the cutaway riding coat in the background of this picture of Vanity. Of course, the gentleman here, wears boots...Medlar House Mice are bare-pawed. Anyway,whoever saw a mouse in boots? That's Just  Silly, Pah!



No comments:

Post a Comment