Monday 11 March 2013

Something Old, Something New

New mice have come to the garden today.

When I sell a mouse or a hare I won't repeat it absolutely. These figures are one of a kind which means that even if I make another one, it won't be the exact same.

So when Vanity, Pistachio and Flora went to their Forever Homes today, Candytuft, Petal and Amelia took their places.
Candytuft      
Petal    
Amelia
Today a new version of Alba arrived at Medlar House. He has a blue jacket instead of a green one.
And whilst I was in the mood for creating hares....
This is my favourite colour of pink felt...such a pale shade, so very delicate. Meet Rosie and her friend the little chick Cheep. I had no idea Cheep was coming. He just turned up. Must be Easter, I thought.

When I make a mouse or hare, I have very little idea how they will turn out. I might think that I'm going to make this or that but sometimes the figure itself takes control and what is in my mind is not what happens.

Take Mrs Persimmon.
She was going to be something else entirely, but when I saw the finished piece in body form then she had to be a cook. Her cake is over 30 years old and was made by my brother when he was young. I've had it hanging around, till now. And it's perfect for her.
The felt here is 100 per cent wool and hard to work with but I think you'll agree, the colour is superb. Just the colour of the Persimmon fruit. And it's SUCH a lovely word!

I try to fit the name to the character, that's why sometimes, the names are a bit odd.
Bit like me really.






No comments:

Post a Comment