Sunday 10 March 2013

Haring About

The Medlar House Mice are rather excited.

A few little Hares have moved into the garden.
There is -
Alba the little white hare who is rather partial to carrots. See how he has pulled up a few baby ones from the garden...roots and all. Stephen will be a bit cross about that!
Then there's  Miss Honeybun who has been helping the Easter Chicken with her pretty painted eggs.
Latte, named for her colour.......she is a sort of coffee shade, has a pretty Easter scarf with chicks on it. She is side by side with her friend Strawberry Smoothie.... you can see why she might be called that!
Two friendly little butterflies have settled on these two.

Then we have three pairs of Mummies and babies..... Hellebore and Snowdrop.




You can see why they are called by those names I think.

Then we have Greengage and Pippin... named for the fruit they resemble.



Lastly, waiting to go to their Forever Home nearer to Easter, in the pretty Forest of Dean, are Rhubarb and Custard. Lucky pair to be going to live there.



Do you fancy a hare pair?







2 comments:

  1. your blogs are lovely I am working my way through them reading them with my children and lookig forward to starting our very own collection x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry I didn't see your comment earlier, LuckyMumOf6. For some reason my feed didn't post your comment on my e mail which it normally does.

      Thank you for your kind words. I shall continue to write about the mice as I make them and to post pictures of the mice the hares and the garden in which they live. Oh yes, and Delphi the Dog, their guardian. Sue

      Delete