Saturday 9 March 2013

Sweet Treat

At Medlar House HQ, the mice come and go. They arrive, are posted here or on Facebook, come with me to the odd show and then off they go to, what I like to call their Forever Homes.

People ask me if I mind.
" Do you get sad when a mouse is bought and off it goes?" they ask.
And I have to say no, as I know I will be able to make another one, not exactly the same, but another one nevertheless and this is what gives me the pleasure...that and seeing people so captivated by them, that they can't resist taking one home with them. It's a treat to me to make people happy.

So today was a Good Day. I went to a show with 38 mice and returned with just 28. And....
then when I got back to Medlar House HQ, there was a message waiting for me. Could Flora and Vanity please go to live with someone, as a Grandma present? That person was very lucky that the two mice she wanted were still available. However, I could always have made another couple.

The same happened to my white mice. It seems I only have to post them on Facebook for a short while before they are sold. Very popular are Alice mice! And I"m very happy that you, their adoring public, have taken them to your hearts.

The great thing about Medlar House Mice is that they come in so many colours, I can make the same design in many different colour ways and no two are alike.

Take Cachou and her little sister Pastille.

Both of them are named after little sweets which were used to sweeten the breath in times of yore when teeth weren't as savoury as they are nowadays and dentistry was in its infancy. They came in an array of flavours and colours, Violet, Rose, Lemon, Jasmine.

When I was a little girl my Father used to buy these lovely little sweeties in pretty tins, from the tobacconist's shops, as they were popular with smokers.
The tins themselves were often little works of art.
As are dear little Cachou and Pastille themselves.

They have pure silk collars decorated with beads, flowers and hand dyed silk ribbons and they carry either a basket of flowers or chocolate eggs. As with all Medlar House Mice ( and Hares ) their names are on little labels on the bottom of their pretty matching stands.

Perfect for Easter.










No comments:

Post a Comment